Saturday, December 16, 2017

Last Light

Last Light. Terri Blackstock. Zondervan. October 2005. 381 pages. (Source: Audio library book)

First sentence: Deni Branning stepped down onto the tarmac, pulled out the handle of her carry-on, and glanced back up at her dad.

Plot: In the face of a crisis that sweeps an entire high-tech planet back to the age before electricity, Deni Branning's career ambitions have vanished. She's not about to let her dream of marriage go as well.

But keeping it alive will require extraordinary measures. Yesterday's world is gone. All Deni and her family have left is each other and their neighbors. Their little community will either stand or fall together. But they're only beginning to realize it - and trust doesn't come easily.

Particularly when one of them is a killer.  

Best-selling suspense author Terri Blackstock weaves a masterful what-if novel in which global catastrophe reveals the darkness in human hearts - and lights the way to restoration for a self-centered world.

My thoughts: An EMP is something that hubby and I used to fear.  We stockpiled and prepared for a disaster of this sort.  Ten years later nothing happened so we used up most of our stores and sold things we never really used.   Now I am wondering if we have done the right thing.  The struggles that these families went through were some of the very things we were concerned about at one time.  

Though my family is not as spoiled as these poor folks were I know we should still have had problem dealing with this hard life day in and day out.  I don't think that much of this was too far fetched.  In fact I found most everything to be very believable except maybe the gas powered generators and tillers not working.  Why would they not work. 

Great lessons for any Christian the way that God works to provide for us in our time of need.  Even though we may not see it in the moment.  Anyway it was a really good read and I hope to come across Restoration #2 in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Moving for the last time...

  I hope you will consider joining me here ... I am taking down any of my old blogs here.  Too many old memories that I wish to move on fro...