Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge


I am joining Joyce this week for Wednesday Hodgepodge.  It's my first time... 


 1. Spring is officially upon us, no matter what the weather may be in your neck of the woods. Is there any 'spring cleaning' on your to-do list? What's your most dreaded task? 

    We live in a very tiny space by choice.  It takes me about an hour to thoroughly clean this space so I don't have anything on my "to-do list" for spring.  We still have some cold days/nights so I will leave the extra blanket on the bed for a bit longer.

2. What's something many people seem to love, but to you feels like 'watching the grass grow'? 

    Watching NASCAR.  I don't really understand how you can sit and watch cars go around a track 500 times.  We used to really be into racing hold hotrods but it was on a short strip.

3. Mint grows in abundance during the spring season. Are you a fan? What's your favorite food with a 'minty' flavor?

    I like mint... Girl Scout Mint chocolate cookies are my fave! 

4. It's been said, 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder.' Agree or disagree? Explain. 

    Absence makes the heart grow fonder... well, I agree and disagree.  This depends on the person.  It is true for me but not for my significant other.  He enjoys his time away and doesn't seem to actually show much feeling like "missing" anyone.  Me, I get heart sick when I'm away from the ones I love!

5. Are there any festive spring events in your city or town? If so, will you take advantage of them? 

    There is nothing going on in our small Missouri town.  I check the calendar just the other day.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

    Quite a few people around us are already cutting grass.  We did our preventative maintenance on our mower and sharpened the blades getting ready to start.  Our grass isn't quite ready to be cut yet.


   Monica

9 comments:

  1. NASCAR...ugh. If the men would just stop and ask for directions, they wouldn't be continuously going around in circles! :) It's hard to believe it's just about time for grass-mowing season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Florida we have already had to start mowing and now, weeds are sprouting up even faster. It's time for fertilizer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I lived in Florida! I am not handling this Missouri cold very well anymore.

      Delete
  3. Our Village landscaping crew has been cutting and edging for several weeks here in North Central Texas although we have had a shortage of rain to keep the grass growing. I do so dread the severe heat and drought to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those girl scout cookies are a favorite of mine, too. Haha...yep Nascar. We were just saying we'll have to start mowing soon! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubs just spent the weekend at a NASCAR race. He went with four guys and enjoyed it. They had a camper and that was fun. He said there was a whole lot of sitting waiting for the race to begin, but the actual race was fun. I think I'd enjoy one. Not more than one though lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would guess it might be more fun in person much like hockey! To watch hockey on tv is so boring!

      Delete
  6. Welcome to the Hodgepodge! I quite agree with you about NASCAR, and I don't understand how driving in circles is interesting to anyone. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete

I'm Moving for the last time...

  I hope you will consider joining me here ... I am taking down any of my old blogs here.  Too many old memories that I wish to move on fro...