Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Restoration

 Think about what that word means...returning something to its former owner, place, or condition.  I have been praying for the restoration of our marriage.  But is that what I truly want?  Restoration?  I want our marriage back but not in the same state it was when it ended!  I want our marriage to be filled with all the blessings that the Lord would pour out on us!

This has been a difficult few months.  We are learning to communicate more than I think we ever did in the 30 years that we were married.  That in itself is hard for me as I am not much of a talker.  I'm an introvert.  Some days  I don't think that this is going to work.  But I think that is because I am trying to get out of communicating.

Another thing that I've struggled with during these months has been not having anything to fill my time outside of work.  I "cling" to Dan, something I know he hates, because I don't have anything to do nor do I know what I want to do.  I feel antsy.  If that makes sense.  I donated all my knitting supplies.  I have a hard time focusing on a book. It's taking me forever to get through the one I have going.  I'm working on finding something for ME.

This was not meant to be a pity party.  I am just putting my feeling down somewhere.  I hope to come back in a few months and see that we have made some tremendous progress! 

Thanks for listening.

Monica


9 comments:

  1. How long have you known the Lord? Maybe Bible studies would be something you could do, alone or together. Just a thought!

    What happended, if you don't mind my asking? I mean, after 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We weren't living for the Lord at the time. During an argument I just said I wanted a divorce. It broke him and I did not relent. Something I regret very much. It's been 3 years. 2 years that I have been working to get things back. I wasn't a good communicator and I'm still not but trying very hard.

      I'm waiting on God because that's all I can do.

      Delete
    2. How did you come to know the Lord?

      Does he know the Lord?

      Delete
    3. We have been Christians our entire lives but we stepped away from the church for a few years and life began to fall apart.
      Yes he is a believer...he has been a pastor.

      Delete
    4. I am truly sorry to hear that.

      Delete
    5. Just a thought, and I apologize for taking up way too much space on your post, but have you fasted? Somehow fasting with prayer is a powerful thing.

      🩵

      Delete
    6. No i haven't... something I need to consider though. Pray for us please!

      Delete
  2. By the way, it's God's will to restore your marriage. It's always His will to restore marriages.

    ReplyDelete

I'm Moving for the last time...

  I hope you will consider joining me here ... I am taking down any of my old blogs here.  Too many old memories that I wish to move on fro...