Sunday, March 10, 2019

Seeds of Yesterday



The Seeds of Yesterday.  V. C. Andrews.  #4 Dollanganger series. Published by Pocket.  Originally 1984.  408 pages.  Source: Purchased from betterworldbooks.com.


First sentence: And so it came to pass the summer when I was fifty-two and Chris was fifty-four that our mother's promise of riches, made long ago when I was twelve and Chris was fourteen, was at last realized.


Plot:  Cathy and Chris, entwined with the evil that haunts their children, living with the fearful spectre of Foxworth Hall, are awaiting the final, shuddering climax... prisoners of a past they cannot escape.

My thoughts: This family needs more therapy than can be provided by one professional. Just saying. Cathy's youngest boy terrorized the family his entire life and she fed his crazy behavior instead of actually addressing it. Now in his manhood he is very wealthy thanks to his grandmother leaving him the vast majority of the Foxworth estate. And he continues to terrorize them all.  This story will make you believe that insanity is hereditary.  

Cathy lives in an alternate reality.  Thinking that life can be normal when your spouse is your brother!  This really is a sick and twisted story but I have to see it to the end.  One more book left in the series.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I hope you don't need therapy by the time you get to the end of the series! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I am done. The last book clears things up but doesn't make any of it right!

      Delete
  2. I cannot find your current blog! Hopefully you see this comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  Good morning!  I am joining up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for this fun weekly meme. 1.What do you love about your life righ...