Sunday, November 5, 2023

The Simple Woman's Daybook #2

Peggy hasn't posted on her SWDB blog for a few months but I will continue the tradition of linking back to her page at The Simple Woman to share a little about my week! 

Today is Sunday, November 5, 2023

Outside - Much different from last week!  It's windy but sunny and warm!

Thankful - For the time change.  I got an extra hour of sleep; more or less.  And this little bundle of joy!

Linda Lorene 4 months

Thinking - of when the homestead sells.  Trying not to be full of anxiety over where we will live and what we will do.  The Lord knows best and will have a plan for us that I am sure of.  And this little bundle of joy!

Linda and Papa

Wearing - black leggings and a sweatshirt

Creating - Reading plan for 2024

Wondering - About many of my old blogging friends and if they are still around.  I have touched base with two dear ladies, Dianne and Barbara.  Still waiting to hear from a couple others.

Reading this week -   NKJV The Book of John chapters 6 - 21; James; 1, 2, 3 John; Jude
ESV 1 Samuel 6 - 31; 2 Samuel 1 - 8
The Sons of Encouragement: Biblical Stories of Aaron, Caleb, Jonathan, Amos, and Silas by Francine Rivers. 

Praying - Dan's cousin who had a heart attack this week.

Looking forward to - Thanksgiving with my girls!

Learning - to lean on Jesus!  A Never-ending lesson.

Around the house - Was going to pick up the leaves this weekend.  The weather was beautiful and dry. BUT, ended up doing other odd things that needed to be done to prepare for the sale of the house.  Like where we will be sleeping! LOL!  We have another home, but it is rented on VRBO and ABNB most of the time.  There is a shop that has tiny living quarters that we are working on. That is the extent of what I can do until I know when I have to move for sure.  When I get a date there will be a yard sale and lots of quick packing up.

Scripture of the week - James 1:2-3 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.


Have a blessed week! 
Monica

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see another post from you, Monica! I have not heard back from Peggy so I designed my own journal page with my own prompts.

    Your sweet little Linda is a beauty! What beautiful big blue eyes she has! And it looks as if Papa is enjoying her as much as you obviously do.

    I'm praying about the sale of your homestead. I know that has to be a hard thing to deal with...and not be anxious about.

    Great Scripture that you are working on this week! It will help you through this time of waiting.

    ReplyDelete

I'm Moving for the last time...

  I hope you will consider joining me here ... I am taking down any of my old blogs here.  Too many old memories that I wish to move on fro...