Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Chosen

The Chosen. Ted Dekker. December 15, 2007. Thomas Nelson. 260 pages. Source: Audio library

First sentence: Our story begins in a world totally like our own, yet completely different.

Plot: Think with your heart and prepare to die for you have been chosen.


The land of the Forest Dwellers has been decimated by the Horde under the watchful eye of the vilest of all creatures, Teeleh. Thomas Hunter, supreme commander of the Forest Guard, is forced to lower the recruitment age of his army from 18 to 16. From among thousands, four new recruits are chosen to lead--and perhaps die--for the greater good.

The chosen four are sent on a quest to prove their character, but their mission takes a dramatic turn when they are intercepted, sworn to secrecy, and redirected to a different endgame. Now they must find the seven lost Books of History. Books that have power over the past, present, and future. Books whose words are alive. Books sought by the Dark One that control not only the destiny of their world...but that of ours as well. (Goodreads)

My thoughts: These types of stories are all starting to sound the same.  These four young warriors are sent on a mission to prove their leadership ability only to be derailed from their mission by an alternate task for the Chosen one of them.  It was a good read and recommended for young adults and teens.  But I won't be continuing with the series.

2 comments:

  1. Most YA novels don't hold my attention, either.
    BTW, I am impressed with your 2018 monthly reading list. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

I'm Moving for the last time...

  I hope you will consider joining me here ... I am taking down any of my old blogs here.  Too many old memories that I wish to move on fro...