Monday, March 25, 2024

Journaling my thoughts...

Today is Monday March 25, 2024

Looking out my window - It's raining... We really need it but makes for a dreary Monday morning.

I am thinking - on Psalm 106:1 Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever!

I am thankful - for the Spring weather!  Although the temps have been a roller coaster I am thankful for those warm days in between.  We worked out in the yard Saturday afternoon.  This picture is the cabin that we rent out on ABNB and VRBO.  We cut out the green undergrowth around these trees.  It looks much nicer.

One of my favorite things - seeing my beautiful granddaughter!  Which I did again Saturday.  I sat with her while my daughter went to an appointment.

I am creating - some dish clothes at the moment but I plan on a cardigan for next winter.  It will probably take me that long to complete.  I also have a hat pattern in the wings if the cardigan gets to be too much.  Some times I just need to see results quick and a hat is perfect for that.


I am wearing -  Blue jeans and long-sleeved shirt.  It's always cold in my office so I have to dress like it's winter!

I am reading (read) /watching (watched) / listening to - I just finished reading What I Hate, That do I by Jimmy Swaggart.  Of course we all know how I struggle with nonfiction but with my mind being on so many other things going on in my life this was difficult to get through.  This book covered scripture from Paul's letter to the Romans.  It is something that all Christians struggle with... sin nature.  When we became Christians our sin nature was not removed but left to refine/test our faith in Jesus and His finished work on the cross.  This book did not promote sinless perfection.  It did encourage that sin does not have dominion over the believer!  

Watching - Dan and I have been watching a new series on Paramount + called Tracker.  It's about a guy who collects rewards for finding missing people or things. 

I am hoping (praying) - for family, restoration of marriage, co-workers with cancer in their families, Israel, President Trump, blogger friends, finding a church to attend, my children and grandchildren, and peace that only Jesus can give!

I am learning - To wait on the Lord.  In the process of restoration of my marriage I have so many times gotten ahead of the Lord. MY plan is much better and I need to get it set in motion. Geez, really?!  The Lord quiets my heart when I start to get ahead of him and I stop and wait...  I am waiting and will continue to wait.

In my kitchen - Wow, my "kitchen" is so tiny!  We don't eat very much so our cooking is very limited.  Cooking is something that I should get back into though.  

Post Script - Since knitting has been reborn in my life I have been viewing a site called Very Pink Knits.  She has some great "S L O O O W  M O T I O N" videos that help you learn a new stitch or technique.  She will be the one to teach me how to knit socks! LOL!

Shared Quote - 


A moment from my day - She loves it when Pa Pa talks to her!


Closing Notes - Dan and I have a totally different relationship than we had the entire 30 years we were married.  He enjoys doing things on his own and I am learning to do things on my own. Before we always did things together, never on our own. The best thing that has come from this is that I am learning to walk, talk, and be with Jesus.  He is my one true friend who will never leave me nor forsake me.

I hope you all have a blessed week!

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Moving for the last time...

  I hope you will consider joining me here ... I am taking down any of my old blogs here.  Too many old memories that I wish to move on fro...